Τρίτη 12 Αυγούστου 2014

Robin Williams' death leaves Hollywood, fans stunned

Investigators are planning to hold a news conference Tuesday at 11 a.m. PT (2 p.m. ET) to provide more official word on the death of Oscar-winning actor Robin Williams.
The star was found dead at his home in Tiburon, Calif. Monday, leaving Hollywood and the comedian's many fans in a state of shock.
His death is a suspected suicide, officials in Marin County say, although the manner of death has not yet been revealed.
Williams, 63, was found unconscious and not breathing at approximately noon local time, and was pronounced dead shortly after.
Williams' daughter, Zelda, 25, who is shown as a baby in the final post on the actor's Instagram account, tweeted early Tuesday morning, "I love you. I miss you. I'll try to keep looking up."
His wife, Susan Schneider, also issued a brief statement on Monday: "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken."
Meanwhile, news of Williams' death continued to reverberate throughout the culture, even the world. Some fans reacted today with touching tributes.
Boston fans chalked tributes and the words that Williams spoke in Good Will Hunting around the bench where he and Matt Damon filmed a scene for the movie, creating a singular memorial. Chalk footprints of where Williams sat were drawn on the bench, right above famous quotes from the movie, such as "Your move, chief."
At Los Angeles' Laugh Factory on Sunset Boulevard, the marquee read: "Robin Williams Rest In Peace Make God Laugh."
In Boulder, Colo., where Mork & Mindy was set, fans stopped by the Mork & Mindy "house" to pay tribute.
Many of Williams' co-stars and Hollywood contemporaries expressed their shock and grief too via statements and social media.
"I feel stunned and so sad about Robin," his Mrs. Doubtfire co-star Sally Field told Entertainment Tonight in a statement. "I'm sad for the world of comedy. And so very sad for his family. And I'm sad for Robin. He always lit up when he was able to make people laugh, and he made them laugh his whole life long ... tirelessly. He was one of a kind. There will not be another. Please God, let him now rest in peace."
On the Today show Tuesday morning, Inside the Actors Studio host James Lipton called Williams a "genius."
"His gift ... was genius. Geniuses can do things we have to learn to do. ... You can teach craft, you can teach technique. You can't teach genius. He had genius."
Steve Martin tweeted, "I could not be more stunned by the loss of Robin Williams, mensch, great talent, acting partner, genuine soul."
Sarah Michelle Gellar, who starred with Williams on CBS' The Crazy Ones, remembers her co-star as a friend who became family.
"My life is a better place because I knew Robin Williams," she told People. "To my children he was Uncle Robin, to everyone he worked with, he was the best boss anyone had ever known, and to me he was not just an inspiration but he was the father I had always dreamed of having. There are not enough adjectives to describe the light he was, to anyone that ever had the pleasure to meet him. I will miss him every day, but I know the memory of him will live on. And to his family, I thank them for letting us know him and seeing the joy they brought him. Us crazy ones love you

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: